Hoover WindTunnel Technology
One of the most annoying features of traditional vacuum cleaners is the need to find an outlet. With the Linx cyclonic filtration and Hoover WindTunnel technology, this no longer becomes an issue as you can focus on cleaning dirt without the need to look for an outlet. Furthermore the vacuum is equipped with powered brushrolls so you can remove dirt on hardwood floors and carpets.
Once you start using the vacuum, you’ll be able to appreciate its other features that the WindTunnel technology makes possible. A detailed look at these is outlined in the Features and Specifications section, but suffice to say that the Linx delivers where it counts.
LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System
The feature’s name says it all: the vacuum cleaner is equipped with a charger and an interchangeable battery so you can clean without getting entangled in cords. The battery doesn’t just last long but the battery fuel gauge is a helpful indicator of how much battery life remains on the vacuum. One of the most common complaints with battery powered stick vacuums is they don’t last long, but the Linx is an exception as it allows you to do a lot of cleaning without having to recharge constantly.
Features and Specifications
- The WindTunnel Technology allows the Linx to operate as a bagless and cordless stick vacuum cleaner.
- The power controls are conveniently placed near your fingertips so it’s easy to use.
- The vacuum cleaner comes with powerful edge cleaning bristles, giving you access to hard to reach corners and walls.
- The Linx has a wide cleaning path that allows you to clean and cover a large surface area in less time.
- The Bottom Release Dirt Cup gets rid of the hassle involved in the cleanup: now there’s no need for your hands to get dirty as the process is automated.
- The low profile base means the vacuum can fit under furniture and counter edges, something other vacuum cleaners cannot do.
- The Extreme Recline Handle allows you to reach under furniture with little difficulty.
- The warranty is good for two years.
Customer Reviews and ScoresThe overall score for the Hoover Linx is 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon. There are more than 6,300 reviews for it, with 68% giving it 5 stars, 15% 4 stars and only 8% gave it 1 star. 5% gave the Linx 3 stars and 4% 2 stars. User425 gave the Hoover 5 stars, saying the Linx “cleans well” and that the charge indicator is “accurate and useful”.
Another customer, 4onthehill, gave the Linx 5 stars, pointing out that the unit works well in a small apartment and that the vacuum “really works”. Other reviewers like Nathan and S Eaton have given it 4 or 5 stars as well, an indication of just how good it is.
Who Should Buy This Product?
If you’re among those who are tired of using large, unwieldy vacuum cleaners then the Linx is the one for you. There are a lot of stick vacuum cleaners online yes, but the Linx has several unique features that make it attractive for homeowners. As customers have noted this is a versatile product and can clean dirt, pet hair and more. Even on a single charge the Linx can do a lot, and the WindTunnel brushrolls clean effectively be it on a hard floor or carpets.
Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors: An In-Depth Search
Amazon User Rating
When hardwood floors are part of what you have to deal with, this Hoover is our pick. In fact, it makes picking up dirt look like child's play. Definite Yay from us!
Wrapping Up Our Search For The Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
The Hoover Linx is one of the best vacuum for hardwood floors today, period. It picks up dirt effectively, is easy to use and storage won’t be a problem either. The charge indicator is especially useful and since it’s available on Amazon for a discount you can have it for significantly less, so we highly recommend this.